Lasik Xtra is 3-minute procedure performed during LASIK eye surgery and is comprised of the following steps:
- LASIK eye surgery performed as usual
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2) eye drops are applied to the cornea
- The riboflavin-soaked cornea is illuminated with ultra-violet A (UVA) light
- The light cross-links the collagen fibers within the cornea, making it stronger
- Recommended by leading eye surgeons around the world
- Non-invasive, fast
- Performed during your LASIK procedure
Riboflavin (vitamin B2) is important for body growth, red blood cell production and assists in releasing energy from carbohydrates. Its food sources include dairy products, eggs, green leafy vegetables, lean meats, legumes and nuts. Breads and cereals are often fortified with riboflavin.
Ultra-Violet A (UVA)
UVA is one of the three types of invisible light rays given off by the sun (together with ultra-violet B and ultra-violet C) and is the weakest of the three.
Find a physician today to see if Lasik Xtra is right for you.